Home » Careers
Want to work at Uncle Milton? We look for creative and hardworking people to help continue our success as a leader in the science and nature category with popular products that inspire wonder, learning and fun.
Uncle Milton is an equal opportunity employer.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Logistics Manager [+]
This position is responsible for the end-to-end transportation and warehousing operations for Uncle Milton Industries (UMI). Coordinate the movement of freight from contract manufacturer to final customer through all shipping modes. Oversee the day-to-day activities of the distribution center. Develop and implement strategic initiatives to improve service levels in a cost efficient manner.
- Oversee the daily operations within the warehouse and its employees.
- Maintain accurate logs/information/data to keep customers and carriers informed on status of shipments including: inbound log, value-added services log, .com log and customer compliance guidelines manual.
- Develop and update safety programs as required by state and federal regulations, perform safety meetings/drills and update logs.
- Ensure warehouse is clean, organized and a safe working environment. Ensure maintenance is performed of all equipment and maintain logs.
- Organize and supervise the annual physical inventory of raw materials and finished goods. Responsible for inventory control and cycle counts throughout the year.
Promotional Assembly/Value-Added Services:
- Plan and manage daily workload including outsourced labor and value-added services activities.
- Plan, purchase raw materials and build promotional displays, pre-packs and PDQ’s.
- Prepare product for final shipping including customer labeling, price-ticketing and bagging when applicable.
- Coordinate the raw material supplies and shipments of live ants direct to consumer.
- Oversee spare/replacement parts for consumer services.
- Schedule all inbound shipments – working directly with Hong Kong agent, freight forwarders and trucking companies.
- Route outbound shipments using customer internet sites, email or telephone.
- Understand customer’s logistics requirements, value-added services and ensure compliance to eliminate chargebacks.
- Coordinate international customer shipments from U.S. warehouse
- Manage UMI’s direct to consumer and retail .com pick, pack and ship fulfillment process.
- Ship all orders on-time, in-full.
- Communicate with customs brokers and/or freight forwarders for both inbound and outbound shipments.
- Participate in carrier contract negotiations and relationship management.
- Develop standard operating procedures and KPI's.
- Develop China logistics and warehousing strategy.
- Identify, evaluate and implement saving initiatives, service enhancements and process improvements.
- Track supply chain industry conditions, emerging logistics practices and analyze the cost/benefits or risk/return impact to the business.
- Prepare annual capital and financial budgets. Actively monitor logistics spend.
- Manage projects related to logistics and supply chain activities (organization, process and tools).
- Ensure the team is adequately staffed, managed and trained.
- The ideal candidate will be a service-oriented professional that can thrive in a fast paced, seasonal environment and demonstrate a proficiency in systems functionality, analytics and operations.
- 5+ years relevant experience in a warehouse distribution setting.
- Experience in a variety of shipping methods: International, Truck Load, LTL and small packages. Familiar with shipping to a diversified customer base: large retailers, specialty stores and direct-to-consumer.
- Experience in carrier contract negotiations, staffing, inventory control and budgeting.
- Working knowledge of customs clearance and working with freight carriers and forwarders.
- Executing organizational change or implementing a continuous improvement program within an organization. Quantified achievements to reduce costs, enhance productivity and improve customer service.
- Advanced computer skills using ERP solutions including OM, TMS and WMS modules.
- Knowledge of warehouse safety and regulatory standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lift and move cartons up to 50 lbs.
- Team player and self-motivated.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Logistics or other related field.
- APICS/CPIM certification and/or TQM/Lean manufacturing experience preferred.