Home » Careers
Want to work at Uncle Milton? We look for creative and hardworking people to help continue our success as a leader in the science and nature category with popular products that inspire wonder, learning and fun.
Uncle Milton is an equal opportunity employer.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Sales Operations Analyst [+]
Sales Reporting, Operations analytics, POS reporting, CRM and EDI functions. Will play an extremely important role in support of our direct and indirect sales team and operations team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Periodic sales reports (Weekly, monthly, etc.)
- Set-up in customer portals as needed for item set-up and vendor set-up
- Monitor chargebacks and follow-up with disputes and claims against chargebacks.
- EDI set-up for and monitoring, including troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Business analytics and reporting
- CRM adoption and compliance
This position will interact extensively at an individual contributor level with cross-functional teams including sales, operations, finance, and customer support.
OVERALL OUTPUTS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains weekly and monthly operational reports and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Primary resource to sales organization for report development
- Manages report requests from sales organization and executive team and works with Supervisor to prioritize, develop and deploy regular reporting requirements of organization
- Responsible for EDI set-up for customers; monitoring the EDI interface to ensure orders are processing timely; perform any EDI maintenance on quotes or customer files.
- Responsible for the timely and approved delivery of all Sales quotes off Standard Price List (i.e. Mass retailers)
- Create and maintain TPL’s for the company.
- Maintain the master costing information for each SKU and any updates to costing for financial tracking.
- POS reporting for key customer accounts, and analysis of flows and forecasting based on key account information.
- SKU forecasting used for production planning and sales forecasting
- Responsible for educating the sales force on basic CRM usage and process adoption (once implemented). Will be the project lead for implementation of system.
- Primary resource to the sales organization for day-to-day CRM data analysis (once implemented)
- Represents the sales organization for resolving administrative issues related to CRM system
- Works with manager and cross-functionally to systematically eliminate reliance on disparate data sources throughout the organization
- Works with manager to measure and enforce enterprise data quality
- Works with marketing to implement customer segmentation initiatives
- Develop, monitor, and continuously suggest process improvements
- Works cross-functionally to drive sales operations and corporate initiatives
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Four-year degree in business
- Possess a minimum of 1 year CRM experience
- Possess advanced report design skills using business intelligence applications such as Access, Excel, Salesforce.com, Crystal Reports or SQL Server Management Studio
- Experience with EDI operations.
- Experience working with financial systems is a plus (Great Plains Dynamics)
- Expertise in working with cross-functional teams (especially sales, finance and customer support)
- Proven experience in building internal processes with checks-and-balances
- Experience interfacing directly with customers at multiple levels within an organization
SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent organizational and workflow skills; ability to work on simultaneous projects
- Exceptional communications skills, especially with cross-functional work groups
- Works effectively in a fast-paced sales and rapidly evolving corporate environment
- Understands and embraces change
- Customer (internal) service & support oriented
- Strong work ethic, ability put in the extra hours during peak times (especially end of quarters)
- Ability to work closely with Enterprise Applications and IT teams
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Process-oriented, metrics-based “system” thinker
- Self-motivated, responsible, and accountable
- Regular business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Hours can vary and expand as dictated by departmental demands, particularly at quarter-end activities and based upon reporting needs of investors/stakeholders.
This position requires employees to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, customers, and the public; work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues; and complete projects under tight deadlines even when there are competing requirements and changes in assignments.