Home » Careers
Want to work at Uncle Milton? We look for creative and hardworking people to help continue our success as a leader in the science and nature category with popular products that inspire wonder, learning, and fun.
Uncle Milton is an equal opportunity employer.
Email your resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
General Accountant [+]
This position is responsible for performing a complete and systematic set of transactions in a specific phase of accounting, including general ledger maintenance and review, accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank reconciliation and reporting, insurance certificates, import payables and letters of credit.
Duties include but are not limited to record verification, preparing invoices and vouchers; maintaining files; general journal entries; accounts receivable and payable; financial data analysis; specialized research projects as needed; general ledger; fixed asset processing.
In addition, this position supports the controller with year-end audit, bank audits and government reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 5 Years of overall general accounting experience
- Strong computer aptitude with Microsoft Great Plains and Microsoft Office
- Possess analytical skills with particular attention to detail
- Strong organization, oral and written communication skills
- Discretion and confidentiality a must
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and administer multiple projects and deadlines
- Maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, customers, and the public; work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues;
- Complete projects under tight deadlines even when there are competing requirements and changes in assignments.
- Must have a general knowledge of modern office methods and procedures; personal computer and appropriate software applications: MS Office applications methods and practices of record keeping, filing, and an understanding of company’s operations and activities.
- The ability to work as a team with other employees, as well as posses the ability to fulfill tasks. Must have ability to achieve goals presented, both short term and long term.