Home » Careers
Want to work at Uncle Milton? We look for creative and hardworking people to help continue our success as a leader in the science and nature category with popular products that inspire wonder, learning and fun.
Uncle Milton is an equal opportunity employer.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Account Executive [+]
Primary responsibility is to drive sales volume for domestic specialty accounts including toy, gift, educational, pet and other alternative sales channels
Position is internal and will mostly involve direct contact with accounts via telephone.
- Establish direct account relationships (new and existing) within a given territory or sales channel
- Support independent sales representatives (“sales reps”) by assisting with existing accounts within their territory as needed
- Meet sales objectives and quotas
- Communicate up-to-date information about the company’s products, competitive advantages and opportunities to the account base. Execute cross sell, add-on, and program based sales strategies.
- Maintain knowledge of assigned house accounts as well sales rep accounts needed to nurture and grow the account base.
- Maintain a disciplined and systematic approach to making and following up on call lists.
- Work collaboratively with sales team to identify sales opportunities, establish relationships, and ensure operations and sales growth strategies are aligned
- Make continuous direct account calls to UMI data base of Specialty accounts (sales rep and house accounts)
- Capture key contact information (i.e. phone numbers, email addresses, etc.) to be utilized in on-going sales and marketing campaigns and utilize Constant Contact
- Support UMI at tradeshows where needed
- Execute promotions geared toward designated sales channels
- Participate in Specialty account strategy sessions
- Assist with other UMI sales activities as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Four-year degree in business preferred
- Experience in phone sales and/or telemarketing preferred
- Established contacts and relationships in above mentioned sales channels preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment
- Expertise in working with cross-functional teams (especially sales, marketing, finance and customer support)
SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent organizational and workflow skills; ability to work on simultaneous projects
- Exceptional communications skills, especially with cross-functional work groups; ability to effectively communicate and close sales over the phone.
- Works effectively in a fast-paced sales and rapidly evolving corporate environment
- Understands and embraces change
- Customer service & support oriented
- Strong work ethic, ability put in the extra hours during peak times (especially end of quarters)
- Ability to travel as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Process-oriented, metrics-based “system” thinker
- Self-motivated, responsible, and accountable